You have found some great rental cars and it’s time to make a decision. You’ve also narrowed your list down to a few long term car rental contenders. But how do you know which rental service is the best for you? It might be useful to revisit these seven questions.
- Is it what you really need? There are different car types that are for rent, namely, luxury, passenger van, SUV, minivan, hybrid, convertible, green, and hybrid. Before starting your car rental search, identify first the type of car that you need. Will you rent it for personal use, company outing, or road trip? Your purpose of renting a car will help you choose the right car type. For instance, if there are four to five passengers, a sedan will be the perfect choice. This type of car is fuel efficient, spacious, comfortable, and stylish. On the other hand, if you are going on a family trip, it is best to go for the ideal SUV.
- What documents should be submitted before you can rent the car? Just like other business or commercial transactions, submission of necessary documents is mandatory. This is to secure your compliance with the agreement. Most agencies involved in long term car rental in Singapore require clients to submit copies of their driver’s license, proof of address, and proof of auto insurance.
- How long will you rent the car? Look for a transportation solutions provider offering vehicles that are available for daily, weekly, and monthly rental. Again, it really depends on your purpose. You may rent a car for a road trip that usually lasts for a day. Also, if you have just moved in to a new place and your car hasn’t been transported yet, you may opt to rent a car for a month until your vehicle arrives.
- Does it fit the budget? After determining the car type and duration of car rental, the next thing you should consider is your budget. Before you sign the rental agreement, think seriously and carefully about how the rental car fits your budget. You must remember that aside from the rental fees, there may be other taxes and charges.
- Are there mileage limitations? While there are rental agencies that provide unlimited miles for the car rental period, it is better to directly ask the provider about the mileage plan. Usually, renting a vehicle comes with a daily mileage limit. Make you share you clear about this concern with your provider to avoid paying extra fees.
- Do you need to return the vehicle with a full tank of gas? Review your agreement and check if it is stipulated there that you should return the rental vehicle with a full tank gas. If there’s none, you are not obliged to do so; but it would be better to return the car with a filled tank. You might rent a car again someday and establishing a good working relationship with your rental provider is an advantage.
- What are the possible consequences if you return the car late? If you have been negligent in returning the vehicle on time, you will likely face penalties. But if you know you will be late because of unavoidable circumstances, which were beyond your control, it is recommended that you call the rental agency.
To rent a car in Singapore or in other parts of the world should be easy and stress-free. Keep in mind these seven questions and you will definitely enjoy a rental service.