Despite Manila’s bad reputation for traffic, it is still a great place to travel to with your family. If you are stopping by for business or a layover to get to one of the many beautiful islands of the Philippines, make sure you stop by Manila for a truly unique experience. You will have great choice hotels in Manila, Philippines. From upscale hotels to more modest ones, there is a hotel for any budget.
If you are looking for attractions for the whole family, we have listed down some of the best spots to have a wonderful bonding experience with the whole family. There are many awesome things to do around the city- the best part is a majority of these places are all close by one another.
Here’s a handy list to help you out.
Nido Science Discovery Centre. ($7.50 for unlimited time at the centre, plus one planetarium show of your choice.) This is the first technology-based, interactive science centre in the Philippines. The whole facility takes up 3,000 square meters of the SM Mall of Asia Complex. There are many themed rooms and galleries in the space, which will appeal to both kids and adults.
- Life Clock –
- GestureTek – A full-body motion-controlled game system, that allows you to play computer games
- Transportation Nation –Features the history and the future of transportation
The location is very convenient for those who are staying in the nearby luxury hotels in Manila. Shuttle services can be found in these
The centre is open 7 days a week, though it’s best to go on a weekday to avoid the crowd.
It’s easy to spend a whole afternoon in this place, so plan your meals ahead.
Address: SM Mall of Asia, Pasay City
The Manila Ocean Park. (Rates range from USD 12 to 20 per person.)
Manila Ocean Park is the Philippines’ first and only marine theme park and prime educational facility.
- Oceanarium- It is the home of the 14, 000 different sea creatures indigenous to the Philippines and Southeast Asia
- Walkway tunnel- Offers amazing views of marine animals swimming overhead
- Trails to Antarctica- Exhibit with penguins swimming in the water
It is open daily.
If you are staying in one of the hotels near airport in Manila, this should definitely be on your go to list. They have restaurants in the park where you can easily refresh after a long day.
Address: 666, Behind Quirino Grandstand, Luneta, Manila
Trampoline Park- Gravity Zone. (Rates are as follows USD15 for 1 hour, USD20 for 2 hours, and USD25 for 3 hours). In this family-friendly park, you can soar high in the main court; bounce your way to the best slam-dunk, play some hard-core games of different light sports activities, and dive into a foam pit.
- Gravity Dodge Ball – Dodge ball in a trampoline
- Gravity Jump – use the entire park as your playground. Basketball lanes, tumble tracks, and foam pool, and 50 interconnected trampoline lines on the floor and walls
- Aero Dance Workout – The most unique and fun workout class you can find in the Philippines
- Foam Pool- A pool of thousands of foam cubes
Monday to Thursday – 12:00 NN- 9:00 PM
Friday – 12:00NN – 10:00 PM
Saturday – 9:00 AM- 10:00 PM
Sunday- 9:00 AM- 9:00 PM
It is about an hour away from the airport. It does get packed on the weekends so try to go on a weekday.
Address: The Portal, Mayflower Street, Greenfield District, Mandaluyong City 1552, Metro Manila
Whatever you or your family fancy Manila has something to offer you. Share with us your thoughts in the comments below.